The ISOMETER® is an insulation monitoring device for IT systems in accordance with IEC 61557-8 and IEC 61557-9. It is universally applicable in AC, 3(N)AC, AC/DC and DC systems. AC systems may include extensive DC-supplied loads (such as rectifiers, inverters, variablespeed drives). In combination with the insulation fault locators of the EDS44x series and the appropriate measuring current transformers, an insulation fault location system can be easily set up with the iso685-D-P.
- AC, DC or AC/DC main circuits
- AC/DC main circuits with directly connected DC components, such as rectifiers, converters, variable-speed drives
- UPS systems, battery systems
- Heaters with phase control
- Systems including switch-mode power supplies
- IT systems with high leakage capacitances
- Installations with insulation fault location