The RCMS system consists of one or more RCMS460-D/-L or RCMS490-D/-L residual current monitors, which are able to detect and evaluate fault, residual and operating currents in earthed power supplies via the related measuring current transformers. The maximum voltage of the system to be monitored depends on the nominal insulation voltage of the measuring current transformer used in the case of busbar systems, resp. depend on the cables or conductors that are routed through.
- Measuring and evaluating residual, fault and rated currents of loads and installations in the frequency range of 0…2000 Hz (W…AB series measuring current transformers), 42…2000 Hz (W, WR, WS WF series measuring current transformers).
- Monitoring of currents regarded as fire hazards in flammable atmospheres
- EMC monitoring of TN-S systems for “stray currents” and additional N-PE connections.
- Monitoring of N conductors for overload caused by harmonics
- Monitoring of PE and equipotential bonding conductors to ensure they are free of current
- Residual current monitoring of stationary electrical equipment and systems to determine test intervals which meet practical requirements in compliance with the accident prevention regulations BGV A3 (Germany).
- Personnel and fire protection due to rapid disconnection
- Monitoring of digital inputs